Adobe Substance Designer 11 Overview
With this program, you can create materials with full control and unlimited variations. Further, you can also Edit complete texture sets instantly and produce Substance textures and MDL materials that will directly handle your renderer or game engine.
This program also has a lot of great filters and tools for an adaptation to photogrammetry workflow. It means that Substance Designer features a complete set of tools and filters, including Crop Tool, Color Equalizer Tool, Extract Channels filters (Multi-angle to Albedo, Multi-angle to Normal, Normal to Height), Smart Patch Clone Tool, Smart Auto Tile Tool.
Using this software, you can import procedural SBS and sbsar files, hand-painted images, photographs, scans, and geometry (.fbx & .obj). No need to worry about tiling, either – Substance Designer handles it automatically.
Substance Designer features 4 graphs types: Tiling textures, MDL materials, Math Functions, and Noise Editor. Edit complete texture sets instantly with the procedural node-based non-linear workflow. Want to change something while you’re working? Make changes to any previous step while keeping your current work intact.
Features of Allegorithmic Substance Designer
- Create Substance files tweakable in-context
- Produce tileable textures up to 8K size with 32 bits floating
- Produce MDL materials for Iray, V-Ray and Adobe Felix
- Find physically based, high resolution and tweakable assets for texturing.
- Download and share community-created content under Creative Commons 4.0 “Public License”.
- Real-time physically based viewport with iray path tracing
- Node-based non-destructive workflow
- Powerful generators, tools and filters
- Integrated full-featured bakers